Karbone’s Brokerage Services are based on voice and electronic brokerage for the new energy asset classes. Karbone’s brokerage team aims to provide the most efficient liquidity seeking mechanism, matching buyers with sellers and investors with project developers.
The team leverages Karbone’s capital advisory and research and consulting services in order to provide insight into market fundamentals, regulations and trends to clients while ensuring a transparent and efficient matching of demand and supply. This enables for the brokerage team to provide better price, liquidity, more comprehensive coverage and full transparency. The team places strong value on each and every transaction, while taking the long-term view for establishing lasting relationships.
The basis of Karbone’s success has grown out of adaption to market changes and the team’s unique market knowledge powered by our internal research group. The team has the experience, capacity, and know-how to structure a variety of deal types in the renewable energy and environmental markets, including Spot, Forward, Options, Swaps, and Structured transactions. The team members include backgrounds as commodity traders and brokers, investors, and energy developers.
The team’s client base includes a wide variety of market participants including Energy Companies and Utilities, Municipalities, Renewable Energy and Emission Reduction Developers, Banks, Private Equity funds and other commodity trading houses.
Renewable Energy Credit (REC) Markets
- Solar RECs
- PJM, NEPOOL, ERCOT and MISO RECs
- WECC, including California, Washington and Oregon
- Green-e and EcoLogo Voluntary RECs
Emission and Carbon Markets
- Alberta Carbon Offset Credits
- California Carbon and the Western Climate Initiative
- International and North American Voluntary Carbon
- U.S. Priority Pollutant Markets – Emissions Reduction Credits and related markets in Non-Attainment zones
- European Union and International – EUAs, CERs, ERUs
- Renewable Power
- Bundled Power + REC transactions
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Ancillary Power Services
- Wood Pellets, Wood Chips, Biomass Fuelstock
- Agricultural Biomass Fuelstock
- Biogas, Upgraded Biomethane
- Biodiesel, Renewable CNG and LNG
- Low Sulfur Metallurgical Coal, Low Sulfur Steam Coal
- Virtual Net Metering Power Markets
- Water Rights and Related Credits